Sorghum Syrup No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
For a healthy twist on a holiday favorite, try this no-bake creamy pumpkin pie recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes 12 servings
2 hours chill time extra
- 8 sheets chocolate graham crackers (32 crackers)
- 2 tbsp. turbinado (raw) sugar
- 3 tbsp. reduced-fat cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp. skim milk
- Pumpkin filling:
- 8 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 3 tbsp. sorghum syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream (optional)
- For the crust: Coarsely break graham crackers, and place in a food processor. Add sugar; process until fine crumbs form. Add cream cheese and milk; process just until combined. Press dough evenly into bottom and lower sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Place in freezer at least 1 hour.
- For the filling: In a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together cream cheese, pumpkin, sorghum syrup, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon until well combined. Spread evenly in pie shell. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with whipped cream (if desired).